FFG Connection CC's hosting,connectivity and storage services may only be used for lawful purposes and activities. We prohibit any use of our network/services including the transmission, storage and distribution of any material or content using our network that violates any law or regulation of the Republic. This includes:
- Any violation of Intellectual Property laws including materials protected by local and international copyright, trademarks and trade secrets. Moreover FFG Connection CC cannot be held liable if you make any unlawful use of any multimedia content accessed through the search facility provided by FFG Connection CC's network, or otherwise available through access to our network, whether for commercial or noncommercial purposes.
- Any violation of the individual's right to privacy, including any effort to collect personal data of third parties without their consent.
Notice and Take-down Procedures
FFG Connection CC confirms that it has a procedure in place for the notice and take-down of illegal material. In compliance with section 77 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (No. 25 of 2002) FFG Connection's designated agent for this process is the Internet Service Providers’ Association. ISPA can be reached at 010 500 1200 or email@example.com. The notice and take-down procedure can be viewed at http://www.ispa.org.za/code.
Customers are also notified of the content and procedures of the ISPA Code of Conduct which may be used against any Internet service provider who fails to comply with the code of conduct. We urge you to familiarise yourselves with this code.
Complaints and Procedures
It is the customer's responsibility to familiarise himself or herself with the procedure set out below and report any cases of violation of this AUP and Terms of Service to FFG Connection CC's designated complaints handling agent.
Please note that FFG Connection CC cannot handle complaints concerning networks or users that do not have service contracts with us or our affiliates, or are outside of our control.
In order for FFG Connection CC to thoroughly investigate the complaint and take appropriate action, all complaints must be in writing, via fax or e-mail and contain as much information as possible, including, but not limited to:
- the origin of abuse or offence, including the website, full mail headers, relevant logfile extracts etc;
- any contact details for the source of the complaint;
- a brief explanation why the incident is considered to be an offence.
FFG Connection CC discourages anonymous complaints being made via this service, and urges complainants to supply their name and contact details to us. Such information will not be released, except where required by law enforcement. Anonymous complaints will however be acted upon as long as sufficient detail as outlined above is supplied.
Action following receipt of copyright Infringement complaints
- 2 written warnings by email to remove the material and stop the activity.
- Suspension of the service.
- Termination of the service.